Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan

+9
Nosam Derf
maureen
tonker
Hieronymous
Joseph
Corky Ringspot
Ragbru
KPC
Sir Bob
13 posters
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan - Page 6 Empty Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan

Tue Dec 29 2015, 19:46
First topic message reminder :

Wait till Tonker sees this affraid

Where is Skitters Wood?

maureen
maureen

Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan

Tue Feb 07 2017, 18:16
I suppose so Ray..sometimes I go to an area and immediately feel if something nasty has taken place..the trouble is you're always open to a bit of ridicule..my Dad was exactly the same..the story goes..when I was a baby I was rushed away with Diptheria,my Dad was on his way driving a lorry to Yorkshire when he turned around came straight back home and just said "where's the baby".

P.S After I typed about the little Robin further up,I put this pad down walked in the kitchen,my Cliff said look at this little Robin..it was right in front of the kitchen window..we don't get many birds coming so close to the house..they know that the cat we took in is a bird killer,which is a nuisance...I know it could be a coincidence,but......also Ray,Im sure you know I'm not a daydreamer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan - Page 6 Empty Re: Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan

Tue Feb 07 2017, 18:25
My mum always said she saw a cavalier running through the church yard Mo. You remind me of my mum with your stories.

I once met a chap[medium] who told me he worked with the police to solve crimes. I had no reason to disbelieve him.

Tue Feb 07 2017, 18:27
Wow, amazing stories Mo.

You are absolutely not a daydreamer.
maureen
maureen

Tue Feb 07 2017, 18:42
Another spooky tale,which baffled me for a long time..my youngest Son was doing exams at School at the time..I'm just sat doing a crossword when he bobbed his head around the door and said "hiya Mum I'll not be a minute"and went upstairs,I waited for minutes then shouted "is everything okay love"..no answer,I thought here we go again..he came home and of course no he hadn't nipped home..as I said he was doing exams.of course I wondered for a few years what the hell had gone on until I read then when a person is very stressed they can what is called astral travel to the person with who they feel secure..make of it what you will..I'm still coming to terms with a few things ..Mrs A,if your Mum saw a cavalier,believe her..she saw him.
weatherwax
weatherwax

Tue Feb 07 2017, 19:09
You have started me off Mo. My Mother went into Lancaster Infirmary when she was expecting me, as she was an older Mum, I was her first child, and she had physical problems which would have killed both of us had she given birth normaly, so she was booked for a ceasarian. ( She was nearer to my Grandmothers at Lancaster) My Dad was still working until the week I was due, and Mary Bailey was making his meals. He was a Lorry Driver as well, was for most of his life, but he never missed a days work, the odd times he did, he was extremely ill.
I tell you this so you will understand the next part. My Mum was due on the 28th April.  On the 21st, Mary Bailey was surprised when my Dad turned up at 10.30, well before Dinner. She asked him if he wasn't feeling well, He told her he was fine, but was unable to settle to anything, so had come home (They were at Wigan). She nearly died of shock, as it was so out of character. He couldn't settle or eat and just walked about. At 4.30pm The phone rang, and Mary answered to find that my Mums operation had been brought forward by a week, and I had been born at 3.30. I am sure My Dad wouldn't mind, were he alive if I told you that he broke down and cried. Very Happy Very Happy

Tue Feb 07 2017, 19:16
Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan - Page 6 709307421
Corky Ringspot
Corky Ringspot

Tue Feb 07 2017, 19:16
Interesting stuff. Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan - Page 6 709307421
maureen
maureen

Tue Feb 07 2017, 19:24
That's a lovely and moving story..the trouble is a lot of people have closed minds..children don't and that is why they see things that us grown ups don't I try and do the same WW..my eldest Son at one stage of his childhood insisted that I put a knife and fork on the table for his little friend......God love your Dad eh!
weatherwax
weatherwax

Tue Feb 07 2017, 19:28
Like Mo, I have quite a few story's, but as a confirmed Sceptic, I find myself in the position of desperately trying to find explanations for what I have experienced. Rolling Eyes scratch scratch
weatherwax
weatherwax

Tue Feb 07 2017, 19:33
Sorry Mo, I missed your post, as I was posting as well. Very Happy  My Dad was an extremely gentle man, a bit of a loner, But I don't think Mary ever forgot what happened.
Some of my story's happened as a child.............I am still trying to explain them.
maureen
maureen

Tue Feb 07 2017, 19:38
MrsW..so was my Dad..a gentle giant of a man..who never told me off or smacked me..my Mam did all that.lol..all five feet of her.
But...I,and .I suppose everyone else would love to hear them..I certainly would.
weatherwax
weatherwax

Tue Feb 07 2017, 20:02
Well, this is the hardest to explain, When I was Three We moved into the old Farmhouse at Digmoor Farm, It had a date of 1609 over the door, Again with Bailies, they had bought the farm, but had a new house built at the top near the road. They needed someone in the old house, as it was too open at night to anyone coming on to the farm, so we moved in. There were quite a few rooms downstairs all leading off a central corridor, one large room at the end was my playroom, my bedroom was at the other end of the building. At age Five I discovered that I could tiptoe past the living room, and into my play room. the house was large enough that any sound didn't carry. I was an owl even then. I used to play with the very large lady who was waiting for me, and although I enjoyed myself, I was surprised that she never told my parents what I was up to.
When I was Seven we moved away, as the new town was coming. I was in my 20s when my parents  downsized to move, I was living away, but came to help them. My Dad, was going through an old chest he had, He took out an old photo, and showed me his Mother, ( She brought him up single handed ) I had never seen it before, but staring out of the photo at me was the Lady I played with...My Grandmother who had died twelve years before I was born !!!!

Tue Feb 07 2017, 20:13
Wow, intriguing story WW.
maureen
maureen

Tue Feb 07 2017, 20:17
That's a lovely story, like I said children's minds are open..your grandmother loved being with you because she missed being with you when she was alive WW .my whole belief is 'If you don't believe in magic you'll never find it'..I hope you can tell us another..please.
Joseph
Joseph

Wed Feb 08 2017, 10:53
There was a lady I knew from Ince called Margery Jolley, Margery was well known in the area for being a bit of a medium, she was also the auntie of Stephen Shepherd the lad who went missing and subsequently found dead in a field near Newburgh. She attended a birthday party for one of the family and Stephen was present there too, she said she knew that one of the children at the party would not be around for much longer, sadly it was Stephen. Stephen was an easy target to be picked on due to his appearance, he wore clinic glasses and was thin and rather weak physically, he walked with a limp. He ran away from home after going to the pictures in Wigan around New Year time if I remember right, he was found dead in a field not long after. Anyroad up back on track, many years ago I was taken to see my grandma with my dad who was still in the army and wore his uniform to 'walk out' then, Margery stopped to chat with my dad who she had always known, I remember being being enthralled by the tale she was telling my dad, she was saying that while stood at the bus stop at the finger post, Aspull she saw a soldier in uniform covered in mud holding his helmet by the chinstrap and looking at the names, she said he looked puzzled and was tracing some of the names with his finger and he was looking around as though he needed help from someone, possibly with reading the names. She said she looked at someone to see if they could see what she was seeing, turning back the soldier was gone. That stuck in my mind for years.
maureen
maureen

Wed Feb 08 2017, 11:51
Joseph..she was very good,I worked at Whelley Hospital and knew Margery just to say hello to,she was on nights..so just as I was ready to leave she was starting her shift.One night she had just walked onto the ward as I was washing my hands,even though she was a very nice lady she looked very serious so for something to say,I said "aren't those flowers lovely"pointing to the table "I took some exactly like those to my Dads grave this morning"she asked why I'd been to my Dads grave,my reply was that it was his Birthday..She then said,but your Dads not there he's with you I can see him and described him down to a tee( is that how you spell tee) and just repeated saying he's with you today he might be with your Mum tomorrow.
Also she gave a reading to our Porter at the time..and told him that he was the one with the bullet when a German soldier faced the firing squad..he never spoke to her after that..it's all in the book which is very good.
I got told but don't know how true it is that during one of her readings she told the women sat round the table that one of them wouldn't be there the next Friday,it turned out that it was herself..she had fallen downstairs and died as a result..like I said I don't know if it's true.
Joseph
Joseph

Wed Feb 08 2017, 12:01
She always looked very serious to me, Mo, but when she got chatting she was fine and could be very funny. Did you work at Whelley in the 90's, Mo? I remember a nurse who worked there who had an Italian sounding surname but I can't for the life of me remember her name at all. I have a copy of Margery's book somewhere too.
maureen
maureen

Wed Feb 08 2017, 12:10
Joseph I was there from 75 to 85..and loved the place.I can't recall anybody with an Italian sounding name,only a patient...but she might have been on other wards..I was on Phillips..funnily enough the ward where I was as a baby with Diptheria. I must add I didn't want to leave but like many more,my back finally told me that was it..and left under GPs advice but I kept going back to see them all for about six months every week..the patients were all like family after being there for ten years...I cried when told I had to pack it all in.
Joseph
Joseph

Wed Feb 08 2017, 14:24
That's sad, Maureen, but your own health must always come first. I can understand how emotionally attached to the job you were. But you are still here with us and not a ghost so that's a bonus. Very Happy
Joseph
Joseph

Wed Feb 08 2017, 14:27
By the way the story she told my dad about the soldier in the 60's is confirmed in her book A Look Around the Corner.
maureen
maureen

Wed Feb 08 2017, 14:51
Thank you Joseph for the above..and yes that's the title ..I think I'll go through the book again..refresh my memory.

P.S..back to Whelley Hospital..the night staff never liked being sent to Barnish Ward which used to be the isolation ward for babes with Diptheria..I asked why ..the reason was they said they could hear them cry during the night..I wouldn't have liked that either.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Feb 09 2017, 15:22
Old news but is it true

Ghostly goings on are "mounting" at this Orrell restaurant - The Mount on Orrell Road, the family home of Abraham Guest, who is remembered in the name of a local school, has over the years been host to a variety of businesses, from a nightclub to a Berni Inn. But last month it was shaken to its foundations when psychic David Williams announced the ghost of its architect was haunting the restaurant's Rivington Room.

Read more at: http://www.wigantoday.net/news/ghostly-goings-on-at-the-mount-1-180651

Thu Feb 09 2017, 15:57
I once had a poo....and there was nothing there.... What a Face What a Face What a Face
maureen
maureen

Thu Feb 09 2017, 16:44
Another one,back to the awful Norley house..I had a statue of the Sacred Heart that my Auntie had bought me..it had a key at the back..when you wound it ..it played a hymn..one morning the children
had just gone to School and the statue started to play as though it had been wound up from the very top..I'm stood at the bottom of the stairs with our Bruce..a cross between boxer and bull terrier who was frightened of nothing at all..he starts growling,the hair up on the back of his neck..I'm telling him to go and have a look,but he wouldn't go and never ever went upstairs again..

Thu Feb 09 2017, 16:46
Not a nice place to live in. Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan - Page 6 463169931
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum