Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan

+9
Nosam Derf
maureen
tonker
Hieronymous
Joseph
Corky Ringspot
Ragbru
KPC
Sir Bob
13 posters
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan - Page 5 Empty Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan

Tue Dec 29 2015, 19:46
First topic message reminder :

Wait till Tonker sees this affraid

Where is Skitters Wood?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan

Fri Jan 06 2017, 13:42
Has anyone ant knowledge of Cansfield High school being haunted. What was on the land before the school?
Corky Ringspot
Corky Ringspot

Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan - Page 5 Empty Re: Ghosts and Paranormal in Wigan

Fri Jan 06 2017, 14:08
Haven't heard that one, Mrs A
K-TEL
K-TEL

Fri Jan 06 2017, 19:22

I've never heard that.

It was all fields before but there were public hangings close by at
Whitledge Green.

Sat Jan 07 2017, 10:33
Maybe them that was hanged came back to haunt. pale
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Jan 13 2017, 11:55
"The Upholland Ghost"
maureen
maureen

Fri Jan 13 2017, 12:50
Have just had a glimpse at the Old Mersey Times from where you found The Upholland Ghost Mrs A ..and my word,isn't there a lot to read,it's so interesting..also,on reading the gypsy column,it seems they looked after their kids better than most.

Fri Jan 13 2017, 18:43
WIgan-Third most haunted town in Country.

He means Borough for all things Tonkerish

Fri Jan 13 2017, 18:45
Haunted Wigan

Nosam Derf
http://www.fredmason.com

Fri Jan 13 2017, 19:39
"Research conducted by estate agents Rightmove discovered 17 per cent of the town’s population had reported seeing strange lights in the sky".

Especially in Pem, when the punters came out of the Swan, late on....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! affraid
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Feb 06 2017, 10:09
Kids
Daniel
My sister, Zoe, had moved into a house in Hardy Butts, Scholes. Her daughter, Ava, 3 years old, had started a school nearby. She did Art a few times each week. And would repeatedly draw fires. Zoe would also overhear Ava at the house having conversations as though someone was with her. Ava said she was speaking to a girl called Jess. Ava said Jess had been in a fire a long time ago. One morning, Zoe heard a bang from downstairs. She went down to check and there was a small handprint visible through the condensation on the window. Later that day, around dinnertime, Ava wanted a drink so Zoe said “Does Jess want one too?” Ava replied that Jess doesn’t eat or drink because she’s dead. Zoe says that Ava hasn’t mentioned Jess again. She’s now 4 ½ and doesn’t recall it.

Link
maureen
maureen

Mon Feb 06 2017, 21:52
The ghost of Upholland has always baffled me..when I was a child my Dad used to take me with him in his Lorry..we would get to the very top of the Main Street where there used to be a house and my Dad told me that it was haunted..but everyone else tells of a house further down the Main Street that was the haunted one?...
Also I could tell of a few things that happened to me.

Mon Feb 06 2017, 22:24
I like listening to a good ghostly tale maureen.
maureen
maureen

Mon Feb 06 2017, 22:38
Champion..Ill tell a couple tomorrow...off in the arms of Morpheus soon.
maureen
maureen

Tue Feb 07 2017, 11:43
When my Dad was alive..for his Birthday one year,I decided to get him a rose bush as he loved the garden..the bush was called 'Peace'..however not long after he died after a heart attack..my Mam said " take the rose Mo you will look after it better than me..
I planted it in my garden..one morning..Id just finished washing the pots,youngest had gone to School,I sat down at table in the kitchen with a coffee,looked up at the window to see my Dad standing there hands in his pockets looking down at the rose bush..I could describe which clothes he had on..then he just faded away..he always said he would come back as a bird..then I saw two red robins on the same fence where I'd seen him..and I don't think it's very often you'd see two robins so close together they were only inches apart..as they're a territorial bird...I have more to tell but don't want to bore folk.

Tue Feb 07 2017, 11:45
Tell away, Mo, tell away.
maureen
maureen

Tue Feb 07 2017, 11:52
Will do later Mac.

Tue Feb 07 2017, 11:54
Creepy tale maureen. Keep em coming.
maureen
maureen

Tue Feb 07 2017, 14:46
Rights..we moved into a house in Norley a lot of years ago..the neighbours were eager to tell me about the last two tenants and the things that had happened to them..
In Winter we let the kids have the back bedroom as there was a radiator in there..none in the front bedroom..my Daughter said that an old lady kept stroking her head so you think has she dreamt it..but come Summer we're in the back room..hubbys on nights..I'm fast asleep and woke up freezing s though it was the middle of Winter..I tried to get up but something held me back..that house was horrible..everything that could have gone wrong believe me went wrong..too much to put on here..I couldn't wait to get out..I've since worked with a young woman who started a conversation off about spooky happenings..told her about the house,she happened to live on the same road..and asked which number we lived at..then told me that the back room of the house had been locked and nobody will go in..we've drove past it and it still looks horrible.

Tue Feb 07 2017, 15:36
They do say the some people are more susceptible than others. Interesting story Maureen
maureen
maureen

Tue Feb 07 2017, 15:47
Do you want another one..I won't be offended if you've heard enough.

Tue Feb 07 2017, 15:53
Aye Maureen. Love reading them

Tue Feb 07 2017, 16:01
You post away, Mo. Interesting stuff
maureen
maureen

Tue Feb 07 2017, 16:13
After Norley we moved into Warrington Lane.I must say it had a lovely feel to it..I had painted a Madamoiselle de Bighney (I can't find her on Google)I'd finished it at the night..I got up early with mu hubby to his lunch up..my Daughter at the time was doing a paper round..I was in the kitchen and had already woke her..I saw a figure come from bottom of the stairs and go towards the painting where I'd left it to dry...I shouted "dont go near the painting love it's wet",waited but no one answered my Daughter was still in bed..I said to hubby who still in bathroom guess what I've just seen,he said it'll be her coming to have a look at her painting..I hope she liked it.

Tue Feb 07 2017, 16:23
Very Happy

Tue Feb 07 2017, 17:55
Some very interesting stories Mo.

I suspect you have the mental make up which makes

you receptive to spiritual presences.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum