Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
tomplum
tomplum
Admin
http://www.tomplum.co.uk

storm damage Empty storm damage

Sat Nov 27 2021, 10:50
any to report ? I went to B+Q this morn for some timber to repair some fencing damage, There were plenty of Temp road signs and cones all over the show, My whirligig did some serious mileage yesterday as well, poor little wooden man collapsed through exhaustion ,, Very Happy
Mac
Mac

storm damage Empty Re: storm damage

Sat Nov 27 2021, 12:36
Wind power eh!

I'm a huge fan.
tonker
tonker

Sat Nov 27 2021, 15:22
I put this on the other channel earlier ......

I've been in Spain since last friday. It was cold, as low as 4 degrees at night.
On Monday the storm hit us, 100mph wind, it rained all night. On Tuesday, it rained all day turning into large hailstones. Couldn't leave the house for a few hours without stepping into 2" of water. On Wednesday, it rained all day.
We watched weather reports on TV in the local restaurant. Snow reported just a few miles away and even snow in the Balearics. It showed the storm we'd had was heading north, through France, towards us.
Anyroadup, we came home yesterday and the storm had headed us off. Landing at Liverpool was treacherous with the plane bouncing all over the place. We arrived home last night, about 8pm.
First things first, made a cup of tea and sat down for a relax, when, all of a sudden, we heard a loud "crrraaaaack!" outside.
Put my coat back on and went outside to find a 40 foot fir tree had snapped off and was across the road outside my house. It had also hit one of my cars on the front bumper, snapping the number plate.
So, into the garage for the chainsaw and spent the next couple of hours in the road, cutting it up and dragging the pieces back into my garden.
Apart from that, I also got some roof damage so I'm going up there later this afternoon to inspect that and fix as required.
I was thinking of staying over there until Monday night too. It's a good job I didn't !

I've just had a picture sent on whatsup, it's of Ashton Cross. The left-hand side conker tree, looking at the Golf Club gate pillars, has been uprooted !
Mac
Mac

Sat Nov 27 2021, 18:13
I don't read the shite on the other shite. So I will take your word for it. Wink
tomplum
tomplum
Admin
http://www.tomplum.co.uk

Sat Nov 27 2021, 21:25
yery neighbourly of you tonker, well done, storm damage 709307421
Vixen
Vixen
Admin

Sat Nov 27 2021, 22:11
we just got all the leaves off a tree at the back, they can have them all back tomorrow.....
tonker
tonker

Sun Nov 28 2021, 00:58
tonker wrote: ...............
I've just had a picture sent on whatsup,  it's of Ashton Cross.  The left-hand side conker tree, looking at the Golf Club gate pillars, has been uprooted !

Actually, they're both down,  not just the left one!
Mac
Mac

Sun Nov 28 2021, 07:40
storm damage 3872706009
tisonlyi

Sun Nov 28 2021, 14:45
Gods way of providing fuel for the wood burner.
Sponsored content