Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackpool was loverly

+3
broady
Vixen
maureen
7 posters
Go down
tomplum
tomplum
Admin
http://www.tomplum.co.uk

Blackpool was loverly  - Page 2 Empty Blackpool was loverly

Sat Jul 31 2021, 21:17
First topic message reminder :

Today I took the long suffering Ms Plum to blackpool, a cracking day with nice temps and a stiff breeze coming in from the sea, Loads of folks about enjoying the day, social distancing was non existent as the business owners know its time to grab as much cash from the punters as they can before the almost certain Autumn lock down or, restrictions are implied, Many hotels offering bargain price christmas weekends if booked and paid now, ( you can see what will happen there ), we walked all afternoon and according to my iphone, I did 1900 steps,
favorite moment was at the north pier having a cup of tea and a scone listing the resident organ player doing his thing and joining in with

♪♫ oh i do like to be beside the sea side ♪♫♫

tomplum
tomplum
Admin

Blackpool was loverly  - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackpool was loverly

Sun Aug 08 2021, 14:47
Blackpool was loverly  - Page 2 Blackp10

Blackpool 1963, very busy in those days,
Mac
Mac

Sun Aug 08 2021, 15:37
Read an article yest that the place is being tarted up. Norbreck hotel took a panning for being a toilet still though
tomplum
tomplum
Admin

Sun Aug 08 2021, 16:43
To be fair, they have spent zillions on the Norbreck, Its the back streets and run down hotels and guest houses that, need sorting proper, most have had ' build on ' extensions by cowboy contractors and you can see the join lines, the outside pipework is attroshous , There is a life times work just to get it up to sub standard, Everyone is after making money and not putting anything back, Crying or Very sad
Mac
Mac

Sun Aug 08 2021, 16:59
Rhyl's worse though.
tonker
tonker

Sun Aug 08 2021, 17:06
Norbreck Castle hotel is in Cleveleys.

Tom, the problem lies with sub-contracting and the main contractor not having proper site managers.
You get ex-painter and decorators overseeing electricians / plumbers and groundworkers, without knowing what's proper and what's not!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum