Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donna Hall

+6
Sir Bob
Vixen
tomplum
Joseph
Corky Ringspot
Admin
10 posters
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Donna Hall Empty Donna Hall

Fri Oct 12 2018, 13:00
Stepping down

Wigan Council's chief executive Donna Hall has announced she is to step down. Hall announced today she will retire next year after several years at the helm at Wigan town hall. During her time at the council, she is credited with being financial stability to an authority hit by government funding cuts. But critics have argued her approach - dubbed The Deal - has seen a reduction in council services. More to follow.

Read more at: https://www.wigantoday.net/news/politics/breaking-wigan-s-council-leader-to-step-down-1-9393998

Donna Hall Empty Re: Donna Hall

Fri Oct 12 2018, 13:15
I wonder who will claim the credit Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Corky Ringspot
Corky Ringspot

Fri Oct 12 2018, 13:17
I wonder if Gareth fancies a change. Very Happy

Fri Oct 12 2018, 13:20
If there's a deal in it.
Corky Ringspot
Corky Ringspot

Fri Oct 12 2018, 13:21
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Joseph
Joseph

Fri Oct 12 2018, 13:21
Corky Ringspot wrote:I wonder if Gareth fancies a change. Very Happy

I don't think the dresses will suit. Rolling Eyes

Fri Oct 12 2018, 13:24
Corky Ringspot wrote:I wonder if Gareth fancies a change. Very Happy

Oh, the thought of it

Donna Hall 1
Corky Ringspot
Corky Ringspot

Fri Oct 12 2018, 13:27
They could end up making a Standish version of Passport To Pimlico.

Fri Oct 12 2018, 13:57
The news has not reached the derelict suburbs yet Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Oct 12 2018, 14:34
"Senior figures from across the borough have paid tributes to Wigan Council chief executive Donna Hall, who announced her retirement today.

After eight years at the helm of the local authority, Ms Hall announced today (Friday, October 12) that she will step down from her role next summer. Donna joined Wigan in 2011 initially as deputy chief executive before taking on the top role six months later.

Related: This is what Wigan Council leader Donna Hall has said about retiring

Leading figures have already began to praise the outgoing leader, with Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham describing Donna as a “public service pioneer” and the architect of Greater Manchester’s new approach to public service delivery.

Councillor David Molyneux, leader of Wigan Council, said: “Donna has given incredible service to Wigan over the past eight years and we certainly wouldn’t be the council we are today without Donna serving as chief executive.

“On behalf of the council, all councillors, staff and the people of the borough I would like to place on record our gratitude to Donna for what has been a remarkable eight years in Wigan.

https://www.wigantoday.net/news/senior-figures-pay-tribute-to-outgoing-wigan-council-ceo-donna-hall-1-9394052

Fri Oct 12 2018, 14:37
Will she return to be an singist?
tomplum
tomplum
Admin
http://www.tomplum.co.uk

Fri Oct 12 2018, 15:47

Fri Oct 12 2018, 18:47
The thing that changed Wigan council so dramatically was the TV programme 'Call the council'. Changes were forced because the public were outraged at the waste of their council tax. The binmen are still paying for that mistake. Ms Hall has done some good for the town
Vixen
Vixen
Admin

Fri Oct 12 2018, 18:50
Change was already happening when that programme aired....the pace just picked up afterwards....
Corky Ringspot
Corky Ringspot

Fri Oct 12 2018, 18:53
^^^^^^^   EDIT @ Mac's post -    Tonker begs to differ.  But I didn't want to mention it. Razz

Last edited by Corky Ringspot on Fri Oct 12 2018, 18:56; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Vix's post appeared prior to my reply arriving)

Fri Oct 12 2018, 19:01
I doubt changes would have been so stringent , the workforce is still well undermanned since.
Vixen
Vixen
Admin

Fri Oct 12 2018, 20:49
you can put a lot of that down to the Government cuts...

Fri Oct 12 2018, 20:53
Yes indeed. Wigan Council are way ahead of everyone else in the frame for the self sufficient Council award.
Vixen
Vixen
Admin

Sat Oct 13 2018, 10:51
like any business you have the ones who sit there all day doing nowt and those that work their tripes out......thankfully the former are a dying breed and rightly so....
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

Sat Oct 13 2018, 22:46
Mac wrote:The thing that changed Wigan council so dramatically was the TV programme 'Call the council'. Changes were forced because the public were outraged at the waste of their council tax. The binmen are still paying for that mistake. Ms Hall has done some good for the town

Wrong,,, it was called 'Don't Blame the Council' and it was shown on ITV about a week before the BBC program 'Call the Council' was first aired and that ran to 25 episodes, each 45 minutes long ...

Sat Oct 13 2018, 23:58
So sue me , it was a TV program. I posted the shows on here not long ago.

Last edited by Mac on Sun Oct 14 2018, 18:06; edited 1 time in total
Corky Ringspot
Corky Ringspot

Sun Oct 14 2018, 17:41
Sir Bob wrote:
Mac wrote:The thing that changed Wigan council so dramatically was the TV programme 'Call the council'. Changes were forced because the public were outraged at the waste of their council tax. The binmen are still paying for that mistake. Ms Hall has done some good for the town

Wrong,,, it was called 'Don't Blame the Council' and it was shown on ITV about a week before the BBC program 'Call the Council' was first aired and that ran to 25 episodes, each 45 minutes long ...

Click

Donna Hall 2407571070
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

Mon Oct 15 2018, 21:10
At the time the program was aired, I didn't think that the binmen issue in the program was as serious as what was being made out, because most people in the country think that their binmen are lazy and they take a bit of whimsical view about it, but if the 'Don't Blame the Council' program had targeted something like social care and found wrongdoing in that sort of service, then the ramifications for the town would have been much more serious ....

I remember the public reaction at the time, with me working with the public and folk found the binmen thing funny, I mean nobody was surprised that the binmen clocked off early and before that had a sleep clown

Wed Oct 17 2018, 10:21
That programs was set.up. For instance, the TV crew asked some of the.lads what they did for their break. Quick bite to eat and back to work. Camera crew said go into the cafe, have a breakfast on us, anything you want, council know about it so fill your boots. The lads did just that. It was portrayed as a daily occurence and the bin men were seen in a poor light.
Joseph
Joseph

Wed Oct 17 2018, 15:09
She certainly didn't warrant the salary she was on, she hasn't portrayed Wigan or it's council in any positive way in real terms. She seems to have a knack for courting controversy and bad feelings of other councillors, real ones that is. Rolling Eyes

♫♫♫ She maybe the face I can forget ♫♫♫
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum