Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mac
Mac

Salt as a weedkiller Empty Salt as a weedkiller

Sat Apr 24 2021, 12:45
Salt, usually in the form of sodium chloride, the table salt, is recommended quite a bit for killing weeds. It can be used in water, as a solid or even mixed with vinegar. Salt does kill weeds, as well as all other plants

Salt leaches into the groundand essentially sterilizes it, preventing vegetative re-growth. Spread a thin layer of rock salt between your walkway's bricks, pavers or stones. It will kill any weeds or grass growing there, and keep them away for years. Apply rock salt to cracks and crevices in your pavement or driveway.
tomplum
tomplum
Admin
http://www.tomplum.co.uk

Salt as a weedkiller Empty Re: Salt as a weedkiller

Sat Apr 24 2021, 13:38
I was only thinking today as I'm using weedkiller on the path,

What was that stuff you posted some while ago, you dumped some stuff at the side of your shed and the knotweed just disappeared ?? I've got a similar weed in my drive, its not knot weed but just as hard to kill,
maureen
maureen

Sat Apr 24 2021, 14:15
Excuse the interruption but Tom..I'm still puzzled by the video from yesterday in reference to me lol
Mac
Mac

Sat Apr 24 2021, 15:51
Salt will still kill it, the stuff I used on the knotweed was weed and feed mixed with water about 40-60 ratio
Cindy
Cindy

Sat Apr 24 2021, 16:33
I have always used salt for killing weeds & found it very successful, Also it is safe around pets.
tomplum
tomplum
Admin

Sat Apr 24 2021, 16:45
Maureen ref, the video of that group, I was just trawling through some video's and when i saw that video, I thought to myself, has't that lady got a good personality, she's singing ,dancing , bouncing about and, I don't know why but, I thought to myself, " I bet Maureen was like that " maybe because , somewhere you said your son plays bass in a band and that added to my thoughts as well,
just how my brain works maureen, I hope it did't offend you, I would never want to do that, Rolling Eyes
maureen
maureen

Sat Apr 24 2021, 16:58
No Tom,it didn't offend me at all..it's very kind of you to view me like that...but I hope I look nicer than her....lol.
tomplum
tomplum
Admin

Sat Apr 24 2021, 17:18
I think I'm related to the late Price Phillip, I'm always getting in trouble saying the wrong things, Very Happy
maureen
maureen

Sat Apr 24 2021, 17:29
No you're not.😋
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum