Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Have your say Empty Have your say

Wed Jan 18 2017, 16:08
Have your say on Tony’s proposals about the police element of your council tax to raise funds equivalent to 70 police officers.

"Last year, the average band D household in Greater Manchester paid £157.30 per year towards policing. This year I am proposing to increase this amount by £5 – less than 10 pence per week – which will amount to an additional £3.5 million for Greater Manchester Police. That’s the equivalent of 70 police officers. The actual increase will depend on your council tax band, as can be seen in the table" 

https://www.gmpcc.org.uk/consultations/police-budget-201718/
stumpy
stumpy

Have your say Empty Re: Have your say

Wed Jan 18 2017, 16:14
so the whole of greater Manchester get 70 more officers over 3 shifts is that 1 for each area

Fri Jan 20 2017, 11:25
A very good point stumpy. Will it mean we have more plods walking our streets? I doubt it. I haven't seen a copper on foot in a good while. They are all busy form filling back at the station.
Joseph
Joseph

Fri Jan 20 2017, 11:34
I think I pay over the odds in council tax for the the service I receive from GMP. Not keen on paying out more for something that doesn't work.

Fri Jan 20 2017, 12:33
Think we all do, pity the politico's don't refuse pay rises for a couple of years, this includes councillors upwards. The deadwood within government needs cutting back too (Inc a councillor for the wigan ward, there's bloody loads of them).. That will sort the social care problem.

Last edited by Mac on Sat Jan 21 2017, 10:20; edited 1 time in total
moodysue2
moodysue2
http://www.stellamartuk.biz

Sat Jan 21 2017, 10:13
How much of my council tax goes to the police... I dont want to pay for illegal wars, or any wars, so they take the amount that I pay for a service I disagree with and put it to the police.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum